- "ChemDelta Bavaria" can be translated as "Bavarian Chemical Triangle.” The industrial potential and importance of the “Bavarian Chemical Triangle” have made it a household word locally for many years now. It stands for the imaginary triangle connecting the chemical sites in Aschau, Burghausen, Burgkirchen/GENDORF, Tittmoning, Töging, Trostberg and Waldkraiburg. Thus, it is immediately associated with the well-recognized name.
- “Delta” is in the field of science also the symbol for change – the positive change in the region that ChemDelta Bavaria member companies intend to effect via the joint initiative in the face of global competition.
The claim can be viewed and interpreted from three different vantage points.
- "Key to global chemical markets": Due to its location, ChemDelta Bavaria represents a unique springboard for the development of international sales markets – via Southern Europe and the high-growth states of Central and Eastern Europe, as well as via the Ethylene Pipeline South, which is currently under construction. The latter is considered a key platform for the continued expansion of a trans-European pipeline network to tap global markets.
- "Crucial for the global chemical industry": Due to its product streams, integrated production and its potentials and the effects of prior investment, the ChemDelta Bavaria region offers ideal development and growth opportunities – not least for globally active companies without a presence in Europe whose product portfolio would be supplemented by existing product streams.
- "Key to the global chemical industry": Many ChemDelta Bavaria members are already active internationally. Their employees therefore have the chance of promising careers and a platform for personal development within the global chemical industry. There are promising international opportunities available to high school graduates, university students and graduates as well as experienced professionals.